Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits Manager Frequently Asked Questions
Our desire is for each and every member to have a superior experience when interacting with us. In order for that to occur, it is important that employees are fully educated in how the plan their employer has selected works. Understanding their plan will help them in several ways:
- In finding the appropriate provider for their specific personal needs;
- In selecting the benefit options they would like to utilize;
- In understanding the frequency of those benefit options;
- In understanding the claims and reimbursement processes.
- What should I tell an employee to do if there are no "in-network" providers close to his/her residence?
- If an employee's current doctor is not listed as a participating "in-network" provider in the provider listing, is there any way to request that the provider be added to the panel?
- Are our employees responsible for a co-pay at the provider's office when they utilize their vision benefit?
- Is it necessary for employees to give Superior Vision the name of the provider they have selected in advance in order to receive vision care services?
- Are there any situations that would require an employee to pay anything directly to an "in-network" provider?
- Can our employees get their eye examinations at one location and go somewhere else for their frames or contacts?
How To Use Your Benefits
- What is the best way for my employees to know which services are offered by the different providers?
- Does Superior Vision require that an employee obtain an authorization form or a voucher prior to being able to receive services at an "in-network" provider?
What is the best way for an employee to utilize his vision benefit when using a provider who is not on the Superior Vision provider list?
- Are employees required to notify Superior Vision in advance that they want to use their vision benefits or can they just go directly to the provider?
- Does an employee have to show their Superior Vision ID card to the provider when he/she goes in for the examination, or to get glasses or contacts?
- If one of my employees has a problem or needs assistance in resolving an issue with an "in-network" provider, who should he/she call?
- If an employee would like to know exactly what is or is not covered by the vision plan, what is the best way to obtain that information?
- Do an employee's dependents need to have their own ID cards to receive benefits?
Frame and Lens Benefits
- What does the term "covered in full" mean as it relates to our employee's prescription lens benefit?
- How are progressive lenses covered under our vision plan?
- How do employees determine what kinds of frames they can select as part of their vision benefit?
- If an employee selects a frame that is more expensive than the frame allowance that is included in their plan, what does he/she need to do?
- Does the Superior Vision plan cover tinted eyeglass lenses for our employees?
- Can employees who wear both contact lenses and glasses use their benefits for both of them within the same benefit period?